Arbitration is the most common technique used by the parties for the resolution of their disputes outside the courts. When the parties agree to resolve their disputes by arbitration, the arbitral tribunal reviews the evidence and imposes a legally binding decision, which is enforceable. Our firm has a long term experience both in drawing up arbitration agreements and clauses and in providing legal representation during the complex arbitral proceedings (from filing the arbitration claim until the issuance of the arbitral judgment) and during proceedings for review, appeal and/or annulment of an arbitral decision. The firm has successfully undertaken arbitrations in front of various arbitral institutions. Professor Vassilakakis has been enrolled as arbitrator at arbitration centres in Europe and has been involved in numerous arbitration proceedings as a chairman, as a party-appointed arbitrator or as a counsel.
Publications related to arbitration
- The Enforceability of Foreign Arbitral Awards (in Greek), Episkopisi Emporikou Dikaiou (=Survey of Commercial Law) 1997.291-326.
- The arbitral settlement of differences related to “Public Private Partnerships” (PPP) (in Greek), Sinigoros (=Advocate) 2006.50-51.
- Scope of Application of the Arbitration Agreement and Lifting the Corporate Veil (in Greek), Epitheorissi Politikis Dikonomias (= Civil Procedure Law Review) 2010.24-38.
- The submission of differences before the permanent arbitration of Technical Chamber of Commerce in the light of recent case law of the Supreme Court (in Greek), Dikaion Etairion kai Epichireiseon (=Business and Company Law) 2010.637-642.
- The Challenge of the Arbitrator in ICSID Investment Arbitration, (Turkish) Journal of International Trade and Arbitration Law 2013, p. 49-68.
- The Challenge of Arbitrators and the Impact on the Functioning of Arbitral Tribunals, Czech (and Central European) Yearbook of Arbitration 2014.249-266.