- Evangelos Vassilakakis
- Maria Keke
- Dimosthenis Vassilakakis
- Eleftheria Christianopoulou
- Eythymios Garelias
Dr. Evangelos Vassilakakis is teaching since 1991 Private International Law, including International Business and Procedural Law, at the Faculty of Law of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He holds a Doctoral Degree in Private International Law and an LLM in International Commercial Law (both delivered by the Law Faculty of the University Paris I-Sorbonne). His fields of research activity include mostly private international law, arbitration and international business law. He has taught as a visiting professor at the Universities of Madrid, Moscow, Rennes, Belgrade, Genoa and Zagreb.
He is an Attorney-at-law since 1981 and has handled more than 25 cases before the Greek Supreme Court (Areios Pagos) . His legal skills are dedicated to obtaining the best result in the case at issue. While retaining his other functions, he has served in his capacity of Professor as Judge at the Special Supreme Court of Greece for the period 2010-2011 and at the Special Court of Art. 99 of the Greek Constitution for the period 1.3.2009-28.2.2010. He has been member of two special Committees of the Greek Ministry of Justice and was appointed as Vice-Chairman of the EU Committee οf Civil Affairs during the Greek Presidency (January – June 2003). He was the Greek delegate at the Hague Conference on Private International Law (June 2001-April 2002). He was the Vice President of the Association of Lawyers of Northern Greece (2011-2014). He is particularly involved in commercial litigation and arbitration and is enrolled as arbitrator at the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (ICAC), at the International Arbitration Court at the Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC),at the Court of Arbitration of the Slovak Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), at the Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania (CCIR), at the Piraeus Association for Maritime Arbitration (PAMA) and at the Arbitration and Mediation Institution of the Greek-German Chamber of Commerce (SMES). He speaks Greek, English, French, German and Spanish.He is the author/editor of the following books:
- Orientations méthodologiques dans les codifications récentes du droit international privé en Europe, Paris 1987(Thèse de Doctorat d’Etat - Prix Veuve Scelle).
- The Testamentary Succession in Private International Law, (in Greek), Thessaloniki 1994.
- The Legal Framework for Foreign Investments in Bulgaria, (in Greek), Thessaloniki 1996.
- Private International Law (in Greek), Fifth Edition 2012 (with A. Grammatikaki-Alexiou and Z. Papassiopi-Passia).
- The Foreign Law in Criminal Proceedings (in Greek), Thessaloniki 1999.
- Concurrent International Jurisdiction in Contracts and Torts(Art. 5.1 and 5.3 of Brussels Convention and Regulation 44/2001) (in Greek), Thessaloniki 2004.
- Practical Issues of Private International Law (in Greek), (with A. Grammatikaki-Alexiou and Z. Papassiopi-Passia), Thessaloniki, 2005.
- International Procedural Law (annotated case-law), (in Greek), Athens 2008.
- Regulations Rome I and Rome II and Maritime Law (co-editor with N. Natov and R. Balzan), G. Giappichelli Editore, Torino 2013.
He is the author of numerous articles. Citations to some of his academic writings can be found in judgments issued by domestic courts. Among the recently published articles are the following:
- The Enforceability of Foreign Arbitral Awards (in Greek), Episkopisi Emporikou Dikaiou (=Survey of Commercial Law) 1997.291-326
- La preuve de la nationalité en droit grec, Revue hellénique de droit international 1998.521-542.
- The Jurisdiction of the Forum Delicti, in Ten Years of Greek Case Law concerning the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Convention (in Greek), Liber Amicorum Prof. K. Kerameus, Athens 2000, p. 39-57.
- The amendments of the Brussels Convention regarding international jurisdiction (in Greek), Armenopoulos 2001.1671-1682.
- Case Law Development in Matters of the Protection of Property according to Art. 1 of the First Additional Protocol to the European Convention on Human Rights (in Greek), Chronika Idiotikou Dikaiou (=Chronicles of Private Law) 2002.201-209.
- The “fraude à la loi” in private international law in recent Greek case law (in Greek), Chronika Idiotikou Dikaiou (=Chronicles of Private Law) 2003.774-784.
- Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Cases of State Succession: The Paradigm of the 1981 Convention between Greece and the former USSR on Judicial Assistance in Civil and Criminal Matters (with Dr. P. Yiannopoulos), Currents International Law Journal, 2003.31-36.
- International Jurisdiction and Applicable Law Issues in Distribution Agreements (in Greek), Dikaion Etairion kai Epichireiseon (=Business and Company Law) 2004.857-870.
- The right to a reserved share and public policy in private international law (in Greek), Festschrift Georgios Koumantos, 2004, σ. 41-62
- Die Anwendung des EuGVÜ und der EuGVO in der griechischen Rechtsprechung, IPRax 2005.279-284.
- La professio juris dans les successions internationales, Mélanges Paul Lagarde, Paris 2005, 803-816.
- The jurisdiction of the place of occurrence of the harmful event in cases of potential torts (in Greek), Volume in honour of P. Gesiou-Faltsi, Armenopoulos 2005.3-10.
- The Enforceability of Foreign Arbitral Award Adjudicating Punitive Damages (in Greek), Dikaion Etairion kai Epichireiseon (=Business and Company Law) 2006.459-463.
- The arbitral settlement of differences related to "Public Private Partnerships" (PPP) (in Greek), Sinigoros (=Advocate) 2006.50-51.
- 9+1 thoughts on the European Arrest Warrant (in Greek), Poiniki Dikaiosini (=Criminal Justice) 2006.203-209
- From mutual recognition to reciprocity: the Greek case law on the European arrest warrant (in Greek), Epitheorisi Kypriakou kai Evropaikou Dikaiou (=Revue of Cypriot and European Law) 2006.224-234.
- International Jurisdiction Issues and the Lugano Convention (in Greek), Dikaion Etairion kai Epichireiseon (=Business and Company Law) 2006.132-136.
- Aspects de droit international privé des couples homosexuels en Grèce, Revue hellénique de droit international 2006.145-150.
- The Enforceability of Foreign Arbitral Awards Adjudicating Punitive Damages, Festschrift P.J. Kozyris, 2007, 493-503.
- The Hague Convention of 30th June 2005 regarding the choice of court agreements (in Greek), Armenopoulos 2007.1285-1297.
- National report on the application of Regulation 2201/2003 (with V. Kourtis) in Boele-Woelki/Gonzalez Beilfuss (eds.), Brussels IIbis: Its Impact and Application in the Member States, Antwerpen/Oxford, 2007, pp. 133-144.
- Procedural Aspects of the Enforcement of Intellectual Property in EU-Law, in (Ed. Faculty of Law “Justinianus Primus”), Copyright and Related Rights – National and International Theory and Practice, Skopje 2007, p. 462-471.
- Recognition or Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards and State Succession: The Ghostly Paradigm of the Agreement between Greece and Yugoslavia in Comparison to the New York Convention of 1958, Croatian Arbitration Yearbook 2009.281-297.
- The application of Regulation 2201/2003 in matters of international jurisdiction (in Greek), Chronika Idiotikou Dikaiou (=Chronicles of Private Law) 2009.193-202.
- Jurisdiction and law applicable to CMR contracts (in Greek), Episkopisi Emporikou Dikaiou (=Survey of Commercial Law) 2009.889-902.
- The submission of differences before the permanent arbitration of the Technical Chamber of Commerce in the light of recent case law of the Supreme Court (in Greek), Dikaion Etairion kai Epichireiseon (=Business and Company Law) 2010.637-642.
- Issues related to the application of Regulation 2201/2003 in matters of international jurisdiction (in Greek), Honorary Volume in honor of I. Voulgaris, 2010, σ. 21-46.
- Scope of Application of the Arbitration Agreement and Lifting the Corporate Veil (in Greek), Epitheorissi Politikis Dikonomias (= Civil Procedure Law Review) 2010.24-38.
- The Impact of the Unification of European Procedural Law on Commercial Agency and Distribution Agreements, in Collection of Papers, Skopje 2011, p. 145-158.
- National report on the application of foreign law (with V. Kourtis) in Esplugues/Iglesias/Palao(eds.),Application of Foreign Law, Sellier 2011, p. 201-212.
- Droit international privé, Vo Grèce, Jurisclasseur de Droit comparé, 2012
- The Challenge of the Arbitrator in ICSID Investment Arbitration, (Turkish) Journal of International Trade and Arbitration Law 2013, p. 49-68.
- International jurisdiction in insurance matters under Regulation Brussels I, FS Sp. Vrellis, Athens 2013, p. 1079-1098.
- The Protection of the Weaker Party under Regulation Brussels Ia (in Greek), Nomiko Vima 2013.2671-2683.
- The Challenge of Arbitrators and the Impact on the Functioning of Arbitral Tribunals, Czech (and Central European) Yearbook of Arbitration 2014.249-266.
- Migration and Citizenship in Greek Law, 4th International Crime and Punishment Film Festival, Migration, Academic Papers, 2014, Editor Dr. Adem Sözüer, p. 68-80.
- The law applicable to the succession according to Regulation 650/2012 (Rome IV), Armenopoulos 2014.377-392.
- The choice of law applicable to the succession by the successor according to Regulation 650/2012, Nomiko Vima 2015.1417-1430.
Contact Info: Tel. : 2310271771, 2310224601 E-mail: email@example.com
Maria Keke was born in Thessaloniki in 1980 and graduated from the Law School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. She holds an LLM from the Law School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki with emphasis on Private International Law and International Business Law. She is an Attorney-at-law since 2005 and has handled many cases before courts .
Her fields of activity include mostly civil law, private international law, as well as inheritance and commercial law. She has handled numerous intra-corporate disputes and cases of unfair competition, as well as issues related to commercial law contracts. She is particularly involved in commercial litigation and she has been involved in drafting legal opinions on private international law and commercial law issues. She has participated as a secretary in an arbitral tribunal. She speaks Greek, English, French and German. She has published comments on judgments .
Contact Info: Tel. : 2310271771, 2310224601 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
He graduated from the Law School of the Democritus University of Thrace in 2011. He made postgraduate studies at the Law School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki with emphasis on Private International Law and the Law of International Trade. He served his military service in the Special Forces.
He is particularly involved in commercial litigation and he has been envolled as a secretary in arbitrate proceedings. He speaks Greek, English and German.Contact Info: Tel. : 2310271771, 2310224601 E-mail: email@example.com
Eleftheria Christianopoulou was born in 1972, in Drama, Greece.
She is a graduate of the Faculty of Law. She received a D.E.A. in political science (MSc in Political Science, Faculty of Law, University of Montpellier, France) and a master degree in civil law (MSc in Civil, Civil Procedural and Labor Law, Faculty of Law, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece). She has a Ph.D. in Civil Law (Doctoral degree, Faculty of Law, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki).
She is a member of the Thessaloniki Bar Association, with permission to attend the Supreme Court of Greece. She has extensive experience in advising banks and large corporates in issues related to civil, commercial and bank law (syndicated and bilateral loan facilities, inter-creditor and subordination arrangements, guarantee facilities and other types of secured facilities), public contracts and all aspects of restructuring.
She speaks fluent English, French and German.
She is the author of the following books:
- 1. The seller’s liability for lack of conformity (liability for defective performance), ed. NomikiBibliothiki, Athens, 2010
- 2. Bank financing of enterprises (civil law issues related to state guarantees), ed. NomikiBibliothiki, Athens, June 2015
She has the publications set out below:
- The statutory auditor’s civil liability to the audited company and third parties, Journal “Epixeirisi”, 2016, pp. 945 et seq.
- Deposit in a “combined”/“indivisible”/“united” account (comment on a judicial decision), Legal Journal “EfarmogesAstikouDikaiou”, 2015, vol. 8-9
- Subrogation of the guarantor to the rights of the initial creditor (art. 858 of the Greek Civil Code), Subrogation of the State to the rights of the lender in corporate financing (art. 11 L. 2322/1995), Legal Journal EfarmogesAstikouDikaiou”, 2013, pp. 397 et seq.
- Exception of discussion and state aid granted in the form of business guarantees, Legal Journal “DikaioEpixeiriseon kai Etairion”, 2012, pp. 107 et seq.
- Construction under the system of “antiparochi” and sale by the contractor to a third buyer. The contractor’s liability for defects, Legal Journal “EfarmogesAstikouDikaiou”, 2011, pp. 498 et seq.
- Comments on the 815/2009 decision of the Court of Appeal of Thessaloniki, Legal Journal “EfarmogesAstikouDikaiou”, 2011, pp 288 et. seq.
- The buyer’s rights for lack of conformity, Legal Journal “Synigoros”, 2010, pp 44 et seq.
- The legal notions of lack of conformity, lack of the agreed properties and defects of the sold goods, Legal Journal “Armenopoulos”, 2008, pp. 525 et seq.
She has participated as a co-writer in the following collective works:
- Ar.Chiotelis (ed.) , “DiagrammataEidikonAstikonNomon” (Diagrams of Specific Civil Laws), Athens, 2015
- M.Georgiadou (ed.) , “EfarmogesEidikonAstikonNomon” (Applications of Specific Civil Laws, Athens, 2015
- El.Kastritsios (ed.), “Enstaseis kata ton AstikoCodica” (Exceptions under the Greek Civil Code), Athens, 2011
Τel. : 2310271771, 2310224601
Eythymios GareliasHe was born in Thessaloniki in 1989. He graduated from the Law School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and attended the graduate curriculum of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Criminal and Forensic sciences. He is a member of Thessaloniki Bar Association and carries militant lawyer.
He deals with the processing of civil cases concerning differences from torts and has experience in terms of criminal law of all objects. He speaks English and French.
Tel. : 2310271771, 2310224601